MARKETING PUBLIC RELATIONS
Marketing Public Relations
relatively a new phrase which refers to the integration of public relations and marketing.
Marketing Public Relations as one of the sought-after Public Relations
to Renato S. Esguerra, specialist in Marketing Public Relations:
Imagine two communication process flows, working together toward the attainment
of a common overall objective: the profitability of the firm. Imagine two sets of planned, organized, managed and controlled physical activities (PR and Marketing) propelled
by the same profitability objective, what have you got to lose in Marketing Public Relations?
By being involved early and regularly with the client marketing functions, public relations can help assure
totally integrated, strategically focused and cost effective marketing communications.
Public relations cannot simply be slipped into a marketing communication program. It must be integrated when marketing plans are conceived and developed.
Public Relations support for Marketing includes:
1. Publicizing news and events related to launching new improved products or services.
2. Promoting established products or services.
3. Creating favorable reputation or “image”
of the company behind the product or services.
Arranging and publicizing public appearances of marketing spokesperson.
5. Probing public opinion in marketing area (research)
6. Attracting news media coverage of sales conferences, trade shows, and other sales
7. Assisting in programs concerning consumerism.